Family, what would we do without them? We love our family, we really do, but there's something about spending the holidays with them that makes us want to jump into the ocean. Our stylish intern, Emily, thought of some good ways to avoid another conversation with your aunt about how big you've gotten (UM, you last saw me when I was two??) and the dreaded "what are you doing with your life?" talk with every adult over the age of 30. Here's how you can save yourself and stay sane until next year.
1. Move far away
2. Eat a lot and pass out so you don't have to interact with anyone for the rest of the day
3. Leave the country (sounds extreme but is it??? IS IT REALLY?)
4. Volunteer for charity - a good way to give back!
5. Just keep drinking (the unnofficial Christmas motto tbh)
6. Act sick and stay home (sympathy AND a free house? #winning... It sucks if the get together's at your place, though)
7. Turn into /that/ cousin that everyone low-key (sometimes high-key) hates and nobody will want to invite you to any family event. Ever.
8. Eat and run
9. Just be honest and tell them you don’t like them - might be a bit awks but honesty's the best policy, right?
10. Have someone on a standby phone call - don't trust your friend who actually LIKES spending the holidays with their family to do this, they'll probably get too caught up in family scrabble to remember to call... #fakefriend