With Ladies Night right around the corner, it's hard to find seamless pieces that effortlessly transition you from the office environment to the bar.
Investing in staples that are sophisticated and understated for the office, but also elegant enough for the bar setting may seem like an impossible feat.
In our opinion, the answer to successful desk to dinner dressing all comes down to preference and finding pieces that make you feel the most glamourous.
Here's a guideline on how to create a reliable desk to dinner wardrobe in seconds!
- Purchase more sleek and streamline pieces. Dress styles can include A-line and pencil silhouettes, shirt dresses and fitted bodycon dresses with below the knee hemlines.
- Stick with block colours or subtle prints. Don't go overboard with the ditsy florals and the geometric motifs
- Find dresses that offer timeless features, including high necklines, sleeves, capped sleeves, soft v-necklines etc. Styles that offer 'CORE' elements are able to ease you to drinks using subtle or dramatic accessories.
- The shoe style depends on the wearer.
- Classic patent pumps, neutral heels, slightly elevated flats or subtly printed loafers and wedges are great options for the office.
- We suggest toning down the extremely thin and tall stiletto heels.
- Instead, go for block heels. Not only are they suitable for the office environment, they're fashionable enough for Friday drinks and provide greater ankle support compared to stilettos. (Nothing's worse than having sore ankles all evening!)
- Diamond and pearl studs, delicate link chains or pendants, small hoop earrings, understated rings and sleek leather purses are great accessory choices.
- When it comes to successful desk to dinner dressing, the accessory should always complement and elevante your workwear ensemble, never detract from it.
- If you're looking for something more glamorous, find a set of earrings or a necklace that can easily be packed away in your purse for later.
- Try adding a metal belt to your workwear trousers or dress for an immediate luxe impact!
Here's some ideas to get the creative juices flowing! -