Not a gym goer? No sweat girl! Working on that 2021 Summer body doesn't have to be difficult. Even if you're an avid gym-goer, or just starting out with little equipment and no experience, Hello Molly is here to help you make the best of your workout!
These six workout exercises are guaranteed to efficiently work your core and butt, giving you the results you've dreamed of. No dumbells or weights needed!
Give yourself half and hour/forty-five minutes for these exercises and we guarantee a perfectly sculpted booty by summer! Check them out now!
Don't worry, they're not crunches! In fact, they're not the most effective way to tone your abs anyway! If you're bored with the generic sit-up routine, challenge your core with these fun and efficient exercises. They're also beginners level!
Flutter Kicks with resistance band
If you have a resistance band at home, then this is a perfect exercise if you want to engage your lower abs. Complete 10x to 12x
- Sit comfortably on the floor, looping one handle of the resistance band on either foot. Grip on to the middle of the tube with both hands, before lying flat on your back. Draw your navel toward your centre of the spine and press your lower spine into the floor to protect your lower back. Lift both legs up so they are almost pointing straight to the ceiling.
- Holding the band securely, scissor your legs up and down one at a time, starting with the left leg. Move slowly and point your toes to increase the tension in your core. Each time your right foot lowers down counts as one set.
- Over time, you can increase the difficulty of the workout by lowering your legs so that they are 15cm - 30cm above the floor.
Table Top Reverse Pike (12 - 15 reps)
This exercise will not only workout your arms, but will get your mid abs burning. Do 3x sets of reps, flowing from one to the other, pivoting on your hands and heels. Hold each position for two seconds.
- Sit on your bum, with your hands firmly planted behind you. Bend the knees with the heels roughly a foot away from your hips. Your feet should be comfortably hips-width distance apart.
- As you inhale, lift your hips off the ground until your torso is parallel with the floor, and arms are straight. Your palms should be directly underneath your shoulders. Ankles should be underneath your knees. Lower your head behind you to increase the stretchy in your chest and neck.
- Hold for a complete breath, keeping your arms straight, exhale as you lower your hips and straighten your legs, so your hips are hovering off the floor. After a complete breath, inhale and push yourself back into the first position.
A great workout if you're just starting out! You may not feel this until you do it for a while, so repeat this move for a total of 20x to 30x on each leg in order to feel the burn.
- Comfortably lie flat on your back and extend your arms so they're against the sides of your body. Palms should be pressed into the floor. Alternatively, you can support our palms under the back of your head if you find this more comfortable. Bend your knees and draw them into your ribs as this makes it easier to pull your navel in toward your spine, actively pressing your lower back flat on the ground.
- Lift both legs straight up toward the ceiling, continuing to engage your core and pressing your lower back into the ground. Keeping your core strong, lower your right leg down toward the ground until it is a few inches above. Then lift your right leg back up as you lower your left leg down toward the ground. (This is called 'scissoring' your legs)
While the best way to grow that gorgeous butt of yours is to perform weight-bearing exercises, you don't need barbells or dumbbells to go after your goals. These essential exercises require zero equipment and are way better than what you've been doing so far. These specific workouts also allow you to customise your reps and use of tension bands.
Paint a pretty rainbow with your toes and look good doing it! We suggest 2 - 3 reps of ten for each foot to really feel the burn on your butt. Once you've become comfortable, you can increase the number of reps to up your difficulty level, or include a tension band.
- Begin on all fours with your knees hip-width apart and your wrists stacked over your shoulders.
- With a pointed toe, extend your right leg as straight as you can and reach the foot toward the ceiling.
- Squeeze your glutes as you lift your leg back to starting position, then lower your leg to tap the floor about a foot to the left of your kneeling foot, as if you're drawing a rainbow arch with your toes.
Return to starting position to complete the rep.
Hydrants with leg extensions
It's like the classic hydrant but with a difference. We suggest 10 - 12 reps for each leg. How many sets of reps you want to do is up to you as this one is a kicker!
- Like with the previous exercise, begin on all fours with knees hip-width apart and the wrists stacked over your shoulders.
- Keep your knees at a 90s degree angle, and lift your right leg out to hip height, then extend the raised leg straight out to the side.
- Pause for two seconds before you bend your knee again and bring your leg back to the starting position to complete one rep.
Single-Leg Glute Bridge
Move away from the generic Glute bridge and challenge yourself. 2 lots of 10x reps for both legs will really do the trick!
- Lie on your back with your knees bent. The soles of your feet on the floor. Extend one leg in the air.
- On your exhale, squeeze the glutes, pushing your hips toward the ceiling as high as you can. Pause for two seconds, then lower until your butt hovers right above the floor.
- Repeat this action without touching the ground to complete one rep.