Formal & Cocktail Dresses
It’s that time of year again. The invitations are piling up: reunions, birthdays, graduations, engagements, weddings, and more. You’ve already been through every item in your wardrobe and tried on at least 37 different outfits, but it still seems like you’ve got nothing to wear. Don’t stress, doll!
We’ve got the hard part covered, so you can rest easy knowing you’ll make the best dressed list for all this season’s formal events. Let’s break it down:
* Milestone birthday parties: Yahoo! It’s a celebration, girl. Choose something that showcases your fabulous personality. Leopard print or floral, neon or pastel, long or short, tight or flowing - it’s up to you. Hello Molly has a range of formal dresses to accommodate every preference. Our birthday party picks for long formal dresses are the Kiss The Girl Midi Dress and the Spiced Ginger Green Leopard Medley Maxi Dress; and for short formal dresses, we recommend the Should Have Stayed Home Dress and the Proud Friend Dress.
* Fancy business dinners: When you’re meeting with that all-important client, you’ll want to dress to impress. Black formal dresses always hit the mark. They’re classic, versatile, and flattering - just like the House In Budapest Midi Dress and the Be My Copycat Midi Dress.
* Bridesmaid or wedding guest: Is there anything more exciting than being part of your BFF’s special day? If she’s given you the green light to pick your own formal wedding guest dress, we’ve got plenty of options you’ll love! For a vintage-inspired wedding, go with something flowy and romantic like the Asking For A Friend Midi Dress in Rose, or exude old-world elegance in a long sleeve formal dress with a curve-hugging bodice, like the Jessie Dress.
* White tie event: White tie attire is the most formal dress code, so if you see this written on an invitation, you’ve got the go-ahead to splurge on a ball gown! Hello Molly has dozens of long formal dresses to choose from. Have a Cinderella moment in the Perfect Places Maxi Dress or make them all stop and stare in this sultry red formal dress by Dear Emilia.
* A night at the theater/ballet/opera: A trip to the theater, opera, or ballet conjures images of Old Hollywood glamor: starlets dressed in gowns and fur stoles, with cinched waists and perfectly coiffed curls. You can create your own iconic look with one of Hello Molly’s long formal dresses. Dare to be bold in this plunging crimson number, or consider one of our white formal dresses (like the Golden Thoughts Maxi Dress) for a classic, feminine look.
Bring that extra bling to your next formal event with this season’s must-have accessories. Hello Molly has a range of red carpet-worthy options, from beaded belts to jaw-dropping jewelry. These small accents can make the biggest impact on your look, so adorn yourself with care! Browse our curated collection of accessories here.